- Textured soybean as needed (optional: leave the soy sauce in double water for about 20/30 mins and drain well in a towel. If not, at the time of cooking you’ll have to add more water).
- Olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- Bay leaf
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1 packet of tomato sauce
- 2 peppers (preferably red)
- 1 can of red beans
- Season to taste: cumin, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper
Make a stew with the olive oil, the onions, the garlic and the bay leaf.
Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato sauce and the seasonings chosen. Stew for at least 5 minutes. Then, add the textured soy and the red beans. Stir well and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes. If necessary add water to get more sauce.
Serve with rice or add sweet-potatoes (chopped in cubes) to the mixture.
This post was originally written in Portuguese. Click here for the original text.
Clique aqui para ler este texto em português.